TLILIC0005 – Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) for licensing purposes, and involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work. This unit is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High-Risk Work and provides applicants with the knowledge and skills required to obtain a High-Risk Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform.
• Occupational / Workplace Health & Safety Legislation & Operating Procedures
• Hazard Identification, Assess Risks & Control Measures
• Plan Work
• Overhead Hazards
• Pre-Start Operational Checks
• Damage & Defect Reporting
• Inspection of Safety Equipment
• EWP Safety Devices
• Determining Load Weight & SWL
• Ground Suitability, Positioning and Set-up
• Outriggers/Stabilisers & Packing
• Unplanned and or Unsafe Situations
• Post Operational Checks
• Shutdown & Secure EWP
2-3 DAYS Dependent on the number of participants and student aptitude
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• You will need to study the learner guides prior to attending this course, you will be provided with these resources at the time of booking and on receipt of deposit
• You will be required to conduct mathematical calculations throughout this course
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe performance of high-risk work
• You must supply 100 points of identification when lodging your licence application with Australia Post
• You must provide (1) form of current photo identification on the 1st day of training
• Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed solid footwear (safety boots preferred)
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training, Tea & Coffee is provided
• A passport photo is required when you lodge your HR application with Australia Post
• All course participants will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities.
• You need to be comfortable working at heights
• PPE will be provided on the day. However, if you have or have access to leather gloves or a high visibility vest or shirt, please bring them with you.
TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) unit is from the TLI10 Transport & Logistics Training Package. This unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in an industry where conducting high-risk work with an elevating work platform is required, for more information please refer to the Transport & Logistics Industry Skills Council: www.tlisc.org,au
ASSESSMENTS & REASSESSMENTS
Three (3) assessments will be conducted over the duration of the course – Knowledge, Calculations and Practical Assessments. All critical components must be demonstrated and answered correctly. Students deemed not yet competent (NYC) will be provided with the opportunity to undergo further training at no extra cost, however, Victorian applicants must be reassessed within 60 days of the initial assessment, fees do apply for each section that requires reassessment. The applicant will be advised at the time of the additional fees as the rate is variable dependent upon the number of NYC outcomes.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. On receipt of the deposit, you will be provided with an activity book and study guide. You are required to study this resource prior to the course. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATION
This course is a Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more). A wallet-sized High-Risk Licence card will be issued by WorkSafe Victoria within 30 days of lodging your application at Australia Post.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.