TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT & TRAFFIC CONTROL
This course is conducted over two days and is made up of the units: RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plan & RIIWHS205E Control traffic with stop – slow bat. It includes planning and preparing; setting out; monitoring and closing down traffic guidance schemes coordinating traffic; operating radios; and cleaning up.
• Interpret & apply compliance documentation and work instructions relevant to the task
• Obtain, confirm & apply safety requirements
• Identify, obtain & implement signage and devices
• Select appropriate tools & equipment required
• Identify & apply environmental protection requirements
• Control traffic with a STOP/SLOW bat & hand signals
• Ensure signs & devices are correctly positioned
• Work in accordance with regulatory requirements
• Set out traffic guidance scheme
• Monitor traffic & make adjustments for changing conditions
• Incident & traffic offender reporting
• Close down traffic guidance scheme
• Clean up site
• Check & maintain tools & equipment in accordance with standard work practices
2 Days Dependent upon student aptitude and the quantity of course participants
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• At the time of enrolment, you must disclose any medications or disability which may affect your learning or physical ability to conduct the safe operation of a traffic guidance scheme (including any vision impairment)
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe operation of traffic management
• You must supply your current drivers licence or another form of photo identification
• You are required to wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
• Tea & Coffee is provided
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. All students will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities.
Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re‐assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
These courses are Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and wallet-sized competency card.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided.
In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance.
In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.
These units are from the RII Resources & Infrastructure Industries Training Package. These unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in the fields of Road Construction, Civil Construction, Line Marking and Traffic Management, for more information please refer to the Resources & Infrastructure Industries Industry Skills Council: www.skillsdmc.com.au
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) & CREDIT TRANSFER
Due to the short nature of this course, RPL is not offered for this unit of competency.