RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
This course covers all aspects of entering and working in confined spaces. Persons attending this course will be instructed in the safe entry, safe work and safe exit of confined spaces having regard to the legislative and operational requirements. This course is suitable for persons entering, persons on stand-by and issuing persons. Participants will be provided with both theory and practical components of Confined space entry tasks. This course includes the use of atmospheric equipment and other confined space equipment. This course does not include breathing apparatus.
• Identify areas that constitute confined spaces
• Comply with site and equipment safety requirements
• Comply with the entry and exit procedures, risk and regulations
• Identify types of air contaminants and toxic gases
• Inspect equipment
• Used confined space terminology
• Apply tagging/remove tagging and lock out
• Entering the confined space
• Using atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering the confined space
• Working in the confined space
• Using atmospheric monitoring devices during confined space activity
• Apply safe materials handling methods
• Exit the confined space
2 Day dependent upon student aptitude, the quantity of course participants and weather conditions. Re testing or refresher training required every three years or as deemed necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
This course is delivered at our Bundalong office.
• At the time of enrolment, you must disclose any medications or disability which may affect your learning or physical ability to conduct working safely in confined space.
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables you to communicate and work safely in a confined space.
• You must provide proof of identity in the form of photo identification
• You are required to wear comfortable and practical clothing, workboots and bring steel capped boots.
• PPE will be provided on the day, however if you have or have access to leather gloves or a high visibility vest or shirt, please bring them with you.
• Tea, Coffee and Lunch is provided, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. All students will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re‐assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
These courses are Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and wallet-sized competency card.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided.
In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non‐attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.
This unit is from the RIIWHS Resources & Infrastructure Industries Training Package. This unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in industry where there are confined space eg. Civil construction, Mining, Drilling, Extractive Industries, General Industry and Trades. For more information, please refer to the Resources & Infrastructure Industries Industry Skills Council:
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) & CREDIT TRANSFER
Due to the short nature of this course, RPL is not offered for this unit of competency.