RIIWHS205E – CONTROL TRAFFIC WITH STOP-SLOW BAT
These units cover the competency, knowledge and skills required to control traffic with a stop-slow bat. It includes planning and preparing; coordinating traffic; operating radios, and cleaning up.
• Interpret & apply compliance documentation and work instructions relevant to the task
• Obtain, confirm & apply safety requirements
• Identify, obtain & implement signage and devices
• Select appropriate tools & equipment required
• Identify & apply environmental protection requirements
• Control traffic with a STOP/SLOW bat & hand signals
• Monitor traffic & make adjustments for changing conditions
• Incident and traffic offender reporting
• Operate radios in accordance with procedures
• Remover or cover signage sequentially
• Clean up site
• Clean, check, maintain & store tools & equipment in accordance with standard work practices
1 Day Dependent upon student aptitude and the number of course participants
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• At the time of enrolment, you must disclose any medications or disability which may affect your learning or physical ability to conduct safe operation of traffic control (including any vision impairment)
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe operation of traffic control
• You must supply your current drivers licence or another form of photo identification
• You are required to wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed solid footwear
• Tea & Coffee is provided.
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. You will be provided with a student information book. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
These courses are Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and wallet-sized competency card.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re-assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.
RIIOHS205E unit is from the RII09 Resources & Infrastructure Industries Training Package. These units of competency can provide Job Pathways in the fields of Road Construction, Civil Construction, and Traffic Management, for more information please refer to the Resources & Infrastructure Industries Industry Skills Council: www.skillsdmc.com.au
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) & CREDIT TRANSFER
Recognition of Prior Learning is a process that involves the student providing physical evidence of their experiences that correlate with the unit of competency, you will then need to partake in an interview with the RPL assessor to ascertain that sufficient evidence has been provided. If it is the student’s intention to apply for RPL, students are required to complete an RPL application and will be advised of the cost prior to enrolment. 1 Stop Driving School will recognise the AQF VET qualifications and VET statements of attainment issued by any other RTO. Credit Transfer is available for students who have previously completed units provided the units are relevant to the qualification the student is enrolling in and can be identified as a current or equivalent unit of competency.