RIIMPO315E – Conduct tractor operations
This unit covers conducting tractor operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating the tractor; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; relocating the tractor, and carrying out machine operator maintenance and cleaning up.
• Interpret & apply compliance documentation and work instructions relevant to the task
• Obtain, confirm & apply safety requirements
• Identify, obtain & implement signage requirements
• Select appropriate tools & equipment required
• Identify & apply environmental protection requirements
• Conduct pre-operational machine checks
• Identify site hazards and minimise risks
• Operate tractor to work instructions
• Select, remove and fit attachments
• Use attachments in accordance with recommendations and design limits
• Relocate tractor
• Carry out machine operator maintenance
• Conduct inspection & fault finding
• Clear work area in accordance with the environmental management plan
• Clean, check, maintain & store plant, tools & equipment
2-3 Days – Dependent upon student aptitude and the number of course participants JOB PATHWAYS This unit is from the RII09 Resources & Infrastructure Industries Training Package. This unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in the fields of Tractor Operations in the Civil Construction Industry, Local Council and Farming for more information please refer to the Resources & Infrastructure Industries Industry Skills Council: www.skillsdmc.com.au
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• At the time of enrolment, you must disclose any medications or disability which may affect your learning or physical ability to conduct safe operation of machinery (including any vision impairment)
• You must understand and speak the English language and have the ability to conduct Mathematical Calculations at a level that enables the safe operation of machinery
• You must supply your current drivers licence or another form of photo identification
• You are required to wear comfortable and practical clothing and workboots
• Tea & Coffee is provided
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
• All course participants will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities
This course will be delivered in a classroom-based, face to face environment which will include theory and practical tasks.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re-assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. You will be provided with a student information book. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities Inc. Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) & CREDIT TRANSFER
Recognition of Prior Learning is a process that involves the student providing physical evidence of their experiences that correlate with the unit of competency, you will then need to partake in an interview with the RPL assessor to ascertain that sufficient evidence has been provided. If it is the student’s intention to apply for RPL, students are required to complete an RPL application and will be advised of the cost prior to enrolment. 1 Stop Driving School will recognise the AQF VET qualifications and VET statements of attainment issued by any other RTO. Credit Transfer is available for students who have previously completed units provided the units are relevant to the qualification the student is enrolling in and can be identified as a current or equivalent unit of competency.
This course is Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and wallet-sized competency card.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.