RIIHAN301E – Operate elevating work platform (under 11 metres)
This unit covers the operation of elevating work platforms in the resources and infrastructure industries. It includes planning and preparing for operations, working from the platform, carrying out maintenance and cleaning up.
Workers operating an EWP that has a reach height of 11 metres or higher need to hold a licence for high-risk work (TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform).
This course is for operators of elevating work platforms/scissor lifts that do not have the capacity to exceed 11 metres in height.
An elevating work platform is a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel/workers, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work. They may be called; EWP, Cherry Picker, Sky-Workers, Scissor Lift, Trailer-Mounted Lifts, Sky-Cranes or Boom Lifts.
• Workplace/Occupational Health & Safety Legislation & Operating Procedures
• Hazard Identification, Including Overhead Hazards, Assess Risks & Control Measures
• Identify Work Requirements
• Safe Work Practices
• Inspect Safety Equipment
• Conduct Pre-Operational Checks
• Equipment Characteristics, Technical Capabilities & Limitations
• Stabilise Elevating Work Platform
• Fall Protection & Safety Harness Fit & Adjustment
• Monitoring Systems & Alarms
• Emergency Situations
• Conduct Safe Operation of EWP
• Conduct Minor Operator Maintenance, Work Platform Inspections & Fault Finding
• Clean Up, Equipment Check, Maintenance & Storage
• Record & Report Faults or Defects
This course is delivered face to face
1 Day dependent upon student aptitude, the number of course participants and weather conditions
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• At the time of enrolment, you must disclose any medications or disability which may affect your learning or physical ability to conduct the safe operation of an EWP
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe operation of an EWP
• You must provide proof of identity in the form of photo identification
• You are required to wear comfortable and practical clothing and workboots and bring steel-capped boots.
• PPE will be provided on the day. However, if you have or have access to leather gloves or a high visibility vest or shirt, please bring them with you.
• Tea & Coffee is provided, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
This course is Nationally Recognised Training and applicants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and wallet-sized competency card.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. On receipt of payment, you will be provided with a student information book. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re-assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.
This unit is from the RII09 Resources & Infrastructure Industries Training Package. This unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in an industry where conduct work with an elevating work platform is required, for more information please refer to the Resources & Infrastructure Industries Industry Skills Council: www.skillsdmc.com.au