HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
This unit provides you with the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers or individuals who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations including community and workplace settings.
• Recognise and respond to an emergency – DRSABCD
• Identify, assess & minimise immediate hazards
• Assess the casualty & recognise the need for CPR
• Perform CPR in accordance with ARC guidelines
• Operate automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Manage the unconscious breathing casualty
• Communicate details to emergency services
• Considerations when providing CPR
• Legal, workplace and community considerations including duty of care, privacy & confidentiality
3-4 Hours – Dependent on student aptitude and quantity of course participants
This unit is from the HLT Health Training Package. Any individual seeking the skills and knowledge to conduct CPR/AED or refresh existing CPR/AED skills for workplace or individual needs, for more information please refer to the Community Services and Health Industry Skills Council: www.cshisc.com.au
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Note: the CPR and AED component of this course is conducted on the ground (in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines). Please wear comfortable and practical clothing when attending this course.
• You must supply your current drivers licence or another form of photo identification on the day of training
• Tea & Coffee is provided.
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
• All course participants will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities.
This course will be delivered in a classroom-based, face to face environment which will include theory and practical tasks. Refresher training is available for this course
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re-assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. You will be provided with a student information book. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) & CREDIT TRANSFER
Due to the short nature of this course and the evidence required of practical skills, RPL is not offered for this course
This course is Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and wallet-sized competency card.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.