FWPCOT3326 – Recover four wheel drive vehicle
This unit covers the competency required to recover 4×4 vehicles in difficult terrain and a variety of work settings. This includes using different vehicle jacks in different terrains and environmental conditions. Using a winch and a snatch block (2:1) in difficult terrain, using ground anchor points in a range of terrain types that reflect local conditions. Using other types of recovery equipment in a safe and efficient manner and to demonstrate competency and consistency of performance.
• Recover a 4WD vehicle in accordance with OHS/WHS legislation, environmental and organisational requirements
• Identify hazards, assess risks and select suitable recovery strategy
• Operate in a safe manner, define danger zones, apply strategies to reduce risk & environmental impact
• Determine recovery method based on terrain conditions and pulling techniques
• Establish appropriate communication methods
• Determine resources required for recovery
• Conduct recoveries utilising snatch strap, winch, and jack
• Conduct recoveries utilising different pulling methods
• Conduct inspection and maintenance of recovery equipment
• Identify faults or damage of recovery equipment
• Document equipment maintenance
• Clean & store equipment after use
This course is delivered face to face
There are no pre-requisites for this unit of competency DURATION 2-4 Days Dependent upon student aptitude, the quantity of course participants and weather conditions
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• At the time of enrolment you must disclose any medications or disability which may affect your learning or physical ability to conduct the safe operation of a 4WD vehicle
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe operation of a 4WD vehicle
• You must supply your current drivers licence
• You are required to wear comfortable and practical clothing, WORK BOOTS and bring steel-capped boots
• PPE will be provided on the day. However, if you have or have access to leather gloves or a high visibility vest or shirt, please bring them with you
• Tea & Coffee is provided
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
This course is Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. On receipt of payment, you will be provided with a student information book. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re-assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.
FWPCOT3326 unit is from the FPI11 Forest and Forest Products Training Package. This units of competency can provide Job Pathways in the fields of Forest Industry, Agriculture, Local Council, and Emergency Services. For more information please refer to the Forest and Forest Products Industry Skills Council: www.forestworks.com.au