CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to undertake Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) induction training within the construction industry. It requires the ability to identify and explain OHS legislative requirements and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry. Licensing requirements will apply to this unit of competency depending on the regulatory requirements of each jurisdiction. This unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007)
• Workplace/Occupational Health & Safety Legislative Requirements
• Duty of Care
• Hierarchy of Hazard Control
• Basic Risk Management Principles
• Safe Work Practices (SWPs)
• Identify Construction Hazards and Control Measures
• Identifying Safety Signs and Symbols
• Role of Designated OHS/WHS personnel
• Identifying OHS/WHS Communication & Reporting Processes
• Identifying OHS/WHS Incident Response Procedures
• Selection and use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Identifying Fire Safety Equipment
• Emergency Response & Evacuation Procedures
This course is delivered face to face
6 HOURS – Contact our office for course commencement times
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You must be a minimum of 14 years of age
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe performance on a construction site.
• You must supply (1) form of current photo identification
• Wear comfortable and practical clothing and workboots
• Tea & Coffee are provided.
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
• All course participants will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
This course requires full payment prior to the course commencement date. Applicants will be required to provide payment at the time of the booking. Corporate clients, will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14 day account, unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
TRAINING & ASSESSMENT
Participants will be facilitated in a number of ways including both classroom group activities and theory and practical training. On completion a knowledge and written/verbal & practical assessment will be conducted. Face to Face training will be under the guidance of one of 1 Stop Driving School’s experienced and qualified trainers.
This course is a Nationally Recognised Training and applicants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 and a “Statement of Training”, this is used as an interim copy of your competency in construction induction. A wallet sized construction induction card will be issued by WorkSafe Victoria.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course a minimum of 48 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the course fee will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the course fee will be returned to the original payer.
Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 48 hours’ notice has been provided.
In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance.
In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.
CPCCWHS1001 unit is from the CPC08 Construction Plumbing and Services Training Package. This unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in the Civil Construction or Road Construction Industry, or for any individuals that require access to a construction site for example: plumbers / electricians / plant operator etc. For more information please refer to the Construction and Property Services Industry Skills Council: www.cpsisc.com.au