SISODRV302A – DRIVE AND RECOVER A 4WD VEHICLE
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use appropriate range, gear and techniques to drive a four-wheel-drive vehicle through and over a variety of terrain types. This includes the application of basic vehicle recovery techniques and maintenance.
• Identify structural & handling requirement of a 4WD vehicle
• Access weather & environmental information
• Perform Pre-Operational checks
• Apply safe vehicle loading
• Identify & select maintenance & recovery equipment required for the task
• Determine safe operating conditions
• Identify and monitor the track for hazards & risks
• Use appropriate range, gear, speed, driving and braking techniques to negotiate a range of terrains
• Perform stall-stop recovery techniques
• Perform recovery with a single snatch strap
• Operate a 4×4 in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
• Perform and document routine maintenance and identify faults or repairs required
• Evaluate 4WD activity & identify improvements
There are no pre-requisites for this unit of competency
2-4 Days Dependent upon student aptitude, the number of course participants and weather conditions
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• At the time of enrolment, you must disclose any medications or disability which may affect your learning or physical ability to conduct the safe operation of a 4WD vehicle
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe operation of a 4WD vehicle
• You must hold a current drivers licence and provide it for proof of identity
• You are required to wear comfortable and practical clothing, workbooks and bring steel-capped boots.
• PPE will be provided on the day. However, if you have or have access to leather gloves or a high visibility vest or shirt, please bring them with you.
• Tea & Coffee is provided.
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
This course is Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. You will be provided with a student information book. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re-assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.
SISODRV302A unit is from the SIS10 Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package. This units of competency can provide Job Pathways in the following fields: Outdoor Recreation Leaders Working for Outdoor Education or Adventure Providers; Volunteer Groups; Not-For-Profit Organisations or Government Agencies. For more information please refer to the Service Industry Skills Council: www.serviceskills.com.au