HLTAID003 Provide first aid
This unit provides you with the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid response to a casualty including life support and management of the casualty(s) injuries or illness until medical aid arrives. This unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide first aid response in a range of situations, including individual needs, community or workplace settings. This course was previously known as “Senior First Aid” or “Workplace Level 2” or “Apply First Aid”.
• DRSABCD in accordance with ARC guidelines
• CPR / AED
• First Aid Procedures for Allergic Reaction, Anaphylaxis, Bleeding Control, Chocking & Airway Obstruction, Envenomation, Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains & Strains, Respiratory Distress, Shock, Basic Wound Care, Burns, Chest Pain, Crush Injuries, Eye & Ear Injuries, Abdominal Injuries, Head-Neck & Spinal Injuries, Poisoning & Toxic Substances, Seizures & Epilepsy, Unconsciousness • Wound Dressings and Bandaging
• Workplace First Aid Kit
• Workplace Injury, Trauma or Incident Reports
• Communicate Details of the Incident
• Legal, Workplace & Community Considerations
• State / Territory Regulations, First Aid Codes of Practice & Workplace Procedures
• Requirements for Currency of Skill & Knowledge
• Considerations when Providing First Aid
1 Day – Pre-course study book is provided to each student and study is required to be completed prior to the date of the practical training session.
This unit is from the HLT Health Training Package. This unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in the field of Workplace First Aid Officer, for more information please refer to the Community Services and Health Industry Skills Council: www.cshisc.com.au
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Note: the CPR component of this course is conducted on the ground (in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines) Please wear comfortable and practical clothing when attending this course.
• You must supply your current drivers licence or another form of photo identification on the day of training
• Tea & Coffee is provided.
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
• All course participants will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities.
This course will be delivered in a classroom-based, face to face environment which will include theory and practical tasks.
ASSESSMENT / REASSESSMENT
The participant is trained/instructed on each competency, the participant must then demonstrate the ability to perform each criteria and will be progressively assessed. Should the participant be deemed not competent, the student has a right to appeal the assessment decision and will be provided with the opportunity to either challenge the assessment or apply for re-assessment within a reasonable time frame. Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the outcome, according to your rights and responsibilities detailed in the student handbook. Further fees may be applicable for participants that require reassessment. PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. You will be provided with a student information book. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) & CREDIT TRANSFER
Due to the short nature of this course and the evidence required of practical skills, RPL is not offered for this course
This course is Nationally Recognised Training and applicants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and wallet-sized competency card.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.